Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Pinhole Eyeglasses an option for you?


OK, My newest post is an additional information for eye correction. Received a comment about pinhole eyeglasses and of course having not used them I looked them up. All things come with pros and cons. Well, this is what I found.....

Pinhole eyeglasses are easy to get, no prescription needed. They last a really long time comparatively to prescription eyeglasses and contacts. As usual they are not for everyone since thankfully we are all unique individuals. We cannot use them in dim light or while driving. Impairing our vision is never a good idea while driving or working with machinery. Although watching television or while computing they can be very handy. Their use as sunglasses is also mentioned.

I found in trolling the web for these particular and interesting glasses that they are also called Stenopeic eyeglasses. Often used to treat cataracts by Eye doctors. Being plastic or metal in a honeycombed pattern.

Personally I like to get my eyes checked by a professional so that I have an idea of what is going on with my eyes. I do not have health insurance at this time and find that getting my eyes checked which is affordable still and getting my prescription in my hand, important since I am bifocaled now, I can exercise my right to choose where I get my glasses and how much I pay. If I wished contacts would be an option to consider.

They can be bought online here a few places: www.pinhole-glasses.com/ , Amerimark, Beauty Boutique, and the Feel Good Store. There are more places I am sure however, these will get you started if you wish.

So this is an interesting item to post. I learned from one of you, my readers, and appreciate that very much. I could post more if I had more input from you as it has worked out here.

No comments: