Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Survivors unite!!

I belong to a site where causes are started and implemented and success stories shared. Here is a lady that has asked to be blogged about and here is the information from her site. Her email is at the end of this blog and so if you think that this is something that warrants your attention she is awaiting emails. Please find evil glee elsewhere if you are so inclined.
She needs some votes for a center she wishes to open to help people for FREE. Here is the link http://www.robinhoodfund.com/cast-your-votes/wish/id/5237

Welcome all to AHHHS!
A Helping Hand for Healing Souls
AHHHS (A Helping Hand for Healing Souls) is a grassroots organizing effort of survivors of abuse helping other survivors of abuse through the often difficult process of creating and maintaining a healthy life. Please join us in our attempt to help all victim/survivors of abuse to know that they no longer need to be alone.

We are Breaking the Silence of Violence and we need everyones help to make this dream a reality.

Please Help Us with Our NEW PROJECTS FOR FUNDRAISING:
We are Recycling Inkjet Cartridges and Cel Phones!
Also aluminum CANS! If you know of any business or individual that I could contact to help with this collection, please let me know...

I am working on plans for National Child Abuse Prevention Month which is in April and putting together another rally and speak out for survivors. I am currently trying to get together some speakers and if you know of anyone who would be able to speak or donate to help please have them contact me.
More great news: Brandie Seifert who is Mrs. Outstanding Woman of Texas is on board!

I will be planning a Fundraiser with 3 comedians that have committed to help out on this project. The money raised will to help pay for bricks for the Women's Resource Center that I plan to start on my land.

I am currently on the State of Texas Board Executive Committee for The National Organization for Women (N.O.W.). I am the VP of Diversity, and trying to learn more about this position. I am also heading up the Task force on Violence Against Women and Children.
I am trying to get the Montgomery County Texas N.O.W. reestablished.

I will hopefully be getting one of my poems published in the Texas N.O.W. Times!

I am also working on typing up my poetry and my journals to put together my book.

I am also trying to get my website going in a new direction, selling bumper stickers and buttons on women's political issues.

Michael Christian Valiant has donated this piece (see pictureon the website) entitled "Exposing the Toxic Shock" which is a multi media creation to be auctioned off to benefit AHHHS's new projects. Michael shares his own personal story of survival in this beautiful collauge. To find more about the artist visit his website at: http://valiantrevolution.tripod.com/ . Thanks Michael you are a Truly Great Friend and a Fantastic Artist! Good Luck on the acting job too! (The Bidding starts at $100.00) Email me as this is a silent auction so SHHHHHHHHH !

Mission Statement: To network with other survivors, exchange resources, offer support and educate communities on the issues of abuse and how we all can be a part of the solution.

Please Help Us with Our NEW PROJECT:
Recycling Inkjet Cartridges!

PROGRAMS STARTING SOON:
1) We will begin to have safe support groups
for female survivors of abuse:
2) Creative Art Classes

For more info on any of our projects please email me personally at: warrior_womyn31@yahoo.com
I will be happy to give you more information.

She gave me another site so here it is http://warriorwomyn31.tripod.com/

No comments: